KL Semi Annual Convention 2010 (UPDATED)

Dear readers,

The KL Convention 2010 has just concluded, and I'd say it was a good one. It was the first convention since the breakup of District 51, so numbers were expected to be halved. My expectation was also true, that the convention would "slightly" lose some glitter without the presence of the Medan, Surabaya and KK girls. Too bad also that this time, I was left to be the only UEM delegate, since DTM Rohijas didn't go (but no worries I can manage my own with the girls). But with a finalised attendance of 334 people, it was still a success of its own.

It was also a sweet convention to remember. Many friends still came from Penang and Johor. We had friends coming from the other side - District 87 Governor, DTM Ariff Azahari, Division I Governor ACS Risti Brophy and Immediate Past Division I Governor, ACG Johan Setiawan. The plenary sessions were good. The image consulting talk was a new breath of fresh air to the delegates. The welcome night did its part to liven up the convention even though I expected more. And the Gala Night was truly a grand night of award recognitions which was worth remembering (especially with my - and Shidi's, thanks bro - music collection being played!).

The best as they say, was definitely saved for the last. The D51 evaluation champion sprinkled glitter, literally, on stage when starting his evaluation. That's a cool gimmick. But the Humorous Speech, the D51 Humorous Speech Champion... spoke about FART! Now who would see that coming?

I always believe that words alone are not enough to describe Toastmasters conventions - you have to see it yourself. So now, the least I can do for you guys is to share some of my collection of photos during the weekend. Enjoy.

p/s I forgot to mention the highlight of the convention... the Test Speaker for the Evaluation Contest was Stephen Fernando!!! Judging by the thunderous cheer, he became champion only by appearing in cameo. Stuff of legend.


Welcoming Night


Opening Ceremony


Gala Night


Closing Ceremony

Comments

Rohi Jas said…
I knew something was going on with Toastmasters over the weekend, but ... That's what you get when you rely too much on Google Calendar. You accidentally deleted an event and that event slips your mind.

But I did a FART speech once. There was another in District 51? Whoa ...

Popular Posts